CODE OF CONDUCT: ATHLETES
The purpose of a code of conduct for athletes is to establish a consistent expectation for athletes’behavior. By signing this code of conduct, I agree to the following statements:
- I will always respect and show courtesy to my teammates and coaches.
- I will demonstrate good sportsmanship at all practices and meets.
- I will set a good example of behavior and work ethic for my younger teammates.
- I will be respectful of my teammates’ feelings and personal space. Swimmers who exhibit sexist, racist, homophobic, or otherwise inappropriate behavior will be faced with consequences.
- I will attend all team meetings and training sessions, unless I am excused by my coach.
- I will respect for all facilities and other property (including locker rooms) used during practices, competitions, and team activities.
- I will refrain from foul language, violence, behavior deemed dishonest, offensive, or illegal.
During swim practice, swimmers are expected to:
- Listen and pay attention to the coach
- Make sure to raise their hand and ask questions rather than shout out
- Show respect to all teammates at all times
- Not touch or excessively slash other swimmers
- Respect the pool facility
Physical and/or verbal abuse of any kind toward coaches, staff, or other swimmers by a swimmer or parent is not permitted at any time. This includes bullying, which is generally defined as the use of aggression (intentional or not) which hurts another person.
If a swimmer feels that a teammate is interfering with any of the above items, he/she should speak with the coach or have the coach call in the swimmer’s parent immediately
DISCIPLINARY ACTION AT GMSS
Coaches will follow the Gold Medal Swim School disciplinary action plan for swimmers who fail to follow the Swim Team rules. Please review the following and let us know if you have any questions:
- First offense: Swimmer will be given one warning
- Second offense: Swimmer will be asked to sit out of the pool for five minutes
- Third offense: Parents will be called into the pool area and the swimmer will be asked to leave (Students who are asked to leave practice will need to schedule a follow up meeting with the Owner or General Manger before the swimmer is allowed to return to practice).
I understand that if I violate this code of conduct, I will be subject to disciplinary action determined by my coaches which may include immediate removal from the team.