We appreciate your partnership in keeping our community safe. We passionately believe in teaching the lifesaving skill of swimming and are committed to doing whatever we can to reduce the risk of spreading the virus and will remain vigilant. Listed below are the steps we are taking to be the safest and best school possible for your family. We are always willing to listen to any and all suggestions you may have for our company.
- All students and caregivers will enter and exit at the new designated areas.
- All Gold Medal Swim School administrative staff members will be masked while working.
- Instructors in the water will not be wearing masks while teaching per CDC guidelines.
- We continue to use both chlorine and OZONE sanitation which has a 99.99% effective ‘kill rate’ of viruses and bacteria in our pool.
- Limiting the number of participants in the class or event to prevent transmission.
- Implementing symptom screening of staff AND participants, especially children who might not be capable of staying at least 6 feet apart from people they don’t live with.
- Staggering drop-off and pick-up times, as much as possible, to maintain distance of at least 6 feet between people who don’t live together.
- Discouraging the sharing of equipment such as kickboards, equipment, toys, and supplies with those they don’t live with.
- Discouraging people from sharing items that are difficult to clean, sanitize, or disinfect or that are meant to come in contact with the face (for example, goggles, nose clips, and snorkels.)
- Asking parents to consider if their children are capable of staying at least 6 feet apart from people they don’t live with before taking them to a public aquatic venue.
- Limiting any nonessential visitors, volunteers, and activities involving external groups or organizations.
- Limit traveling for events (i.e. swim meets) to prevent mixing of individuals from different geographical locations.
All staff members are expected to do the following:
- Pass a temperature check prior to the beginning of the work shift.
- Expectation of all Administrative and Deck Staff members will wash hands every 20 minutes.
- Wear a mask upon entering the building and while working all pool deck and Administrative shifts.
- Notify a supervisor if they are not feeling well.
- Pool staff will have uniforms washed between each shift.
Class ratios reduced as of May 2020- Perpetual classes will have a REDUCED number of students. Baby Swim and Learn to Swim classes will run 25 minutes with a 5 minute transition time. Boot Camps, Adult, and Swim Team classes will run for 55 minutes with a 5 minute transition time. Class Ratios are subject to change, the safety of our families and staff are always our top priority.
- Baby Swim Classes: 3 families per class.
- Adult Swim Classes: 5 swimmers per class.
- Swim Teams: 10 swimmers per practice.
- Learn to Swim Boot Camps: 2 students per class for Starfish, Seahorse, and Dolphin levels; 3 students per class for Seal and Stingray levels.
- Olympic Development: 7 students per class.
Unlimited Swim is not offered at this time. Considerations for reopening Unlimited Swim will be subject to the state, federal and CDC guidelines for social distancing.
Client expectations- we request the following of our clients so we can be as safe as possible TOGETHER:
- All adults over the age of 18 will be required to wear a mask upon entering the building.
- Use hand sanitizer prior to entering the facility and once seated in the lobby.
- As much as possible, please leave personal belongings in your car to lower the amount of contact points in the lobby.
When you walk into the facility you will notice that chairs are spaced with CDC and government suggested distance of 6’ with the following items at your disposal:
- Hand sanitizer.
- Disinfecting spray (CDC approved to kill COVID-19) with paper towels to wipe your seating area before sitting down. We request that you wipe your station down after you leave. A trash can will also be provided.
The following areas have been closed to lower the amount of frequently touched areas:
- Shower Area
- Admin Desk